“In Real Estate, you don’t get what you Deserve, You get what you Negotiate.”
PRINCIPLES OF NEGOTIATION:
1) Negotiate from our interests – Not from our position.
2) The one with the most information wins.
3) There are always areas of agreement
4) Knowing the other side’s motivation can be a huge advantage.
5) Value is always in the eye of the beholder.
6) Always be looking for the alternative.
7) Analyze offers objectively, not emotionally.
8) Meaningful negotiations always involve stress. Be prepared.
Having closed over 400 homes in my career gives me the advantage of having already seen almost any scenario one can think of – and probably a few more that one could not expect.